Grocery iQ is a lifestyle app that will streamline your grocery shopping experience, saving you both time and money. It allows you to create a shopping list from a large database that contains millions–yes, millions!–of items and categorizes them by aisle. If you can’t find a particular item in the database, you can also add your own unique items. You also have the ability rearrange aisles according to your shopping patterns and/or create custom aisles for any list or any store. As you put items in your cart, simply check them off one by one until your shopping is done.
With this app, there is no excuse for forgetting to buy anything on your list! Here are some of the other great features found on Grocery iQ:
- Text, bar code or voice search: You can look up items using any or all of these methods. Point your camera at a bar code to add it to the list or use advanced voice search options to add a group of items to the list at the same time. As with most apps that use voice recognition, you may experience problems from time to time. For instance, if you need to add “peanut butter” to your list, it sometimes adds two separate items: “peanuts” and “butter.”
- Favorites list: Quickly and easily add household staples such as milk, bread, eggs and more to your shopping list.
- History list: Keeps track of your recent purchases and allows you to create new shopping lists from history lists.
- Sync list: This is probably the most useful feature found on Grocery iQ. It allows one user to create a shopping list and sync it to another device. A spouse, friend or roommate can then pick up the necessary items for you.
- Coupon locator: Recommends coupons according to your shopping list and allows you to search for coupons. You can then print or e-mail coupons as needed. If you have a loyalty card for a particular store, you can also add the coupons to that.
This must-have grocery shopping app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad–even the first generation iPad–as long as the mobile device is running iOS 4.2.1 or a later version. Of course, some of the functionality such as the bar code scanner will be lost without a camera on the device.
Overall, Grocery iQ is a convenient, time-saving app that will make your grocery shopping experience more efficient. Best of all, the app is free! We highly recommend this app and give it 4-1/2 out of 5 stars! If the voice recognition feature worked a little better, we would give it 5 out of 5.